Greetings, dessert aficionados! Today, I am thrilled to share a recipe that’s not only easy to make but also promises a burst of flavors in every bite – the No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake. This heavenly dessert is a celebration of creamy cheesecake goodness paired with the irresistible sweetness of blueberries. Perfect for a summer soirée or any occasion that calls for a delightful treat, this recipe is sure to become a favorite. Let’s dive into the details and uncover the magic of this no-fuss dessert.
Why No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake?
The appeal of a no-bake cheesecake lies in its simplicity and the absence of oven time. This recipe ensures you can whip up a decadent dessert without breaking a sweat, making it ideal for those hot summer days when turning on the oven is the last thing you want to do. Plus, the combination of the velvety cream cheese layer and the luscious blueberry filling creates a symphony of textures and flavors that will leave you craving for more.
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- 9×9-inch pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
Ingredients You’ll Need:
For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
Prepare the Crust:
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and melted butter. Blend with a fork until crumbs are moistened.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of crumbs to sprinkle on the top.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9×9-inch pan that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Prepare the Cream Cheese Mixture:
- With an electric mixer, cream together softened cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- By hand, mix together whipped cream and cream cheese mixture until well combined.
Assemble the Yum Yum Layers:
- Spread a little less than half the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture evenly over the crust.
- Drop blueberry pie filling by large spoonfuls on top of the cream cheese layer. Gently spread blueberry pie filling evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Top the blueberry layer with the remaining cream cheese/whipped cream mixture. Gently spread it evenly over the blueberry layer, covering it completely.
- Sprinkle the top with the 2 tablespoons reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
Tips for Success
- Chill Time Matters: The longer you let the cheesecake set in the refrigerator, the better the flavors will meld together. Aim for overnight if you can resist the anticipation!
- Creative Toppings: Experiment with additional toppings such as fresh blueberries, a drizzle of chocolate, or a sprinkle of chopped nuts for extra texture.
- Adaptable Base: Feel free to use your favorite fruit pie filling if blueberries aren’t your first choice. Cherry, strawberry, or raspberry pie filling all work wonderfully.