Welcome to my kitchen, where we’ll embark on a delightful culinary journey to create a mouthwatering dish that’s sure to satisfy your comfort food cravings. Today, we’re diving into the world of Ravioli Lasagna, a delightful fusion of two Italian favorites – ravioli and lasagna. This recipe is a true testament to the magic that can happen when simplicity meets flavor. Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or just starting out, this recipe is for everyone who craves a comforting, cheesy, and utterly delicious meal. Let’s get started!
Who is this Recipe For?
- Busy Weeknights: If you’re short on time but still want a hearty meal, this Ravioli Lasagna is your go-to. It’s a quick and easy dish that doesn’t skimp on flavor.
- Family Gatherings: This recipe is perfect for feeding a crowd. Whether it’s a family dinner or a potluck with friends, Ravioli Lasagna is a crowd-pleaser.
- Italian Food Lovers: If you adore the flavors of Italian cuisine, this recipe will hit all the right notes. It’s a creative twist on classic Italian flavors.
Kitchen Equipment You’ll Need
Before we dive into the details of the recipe, let’s make sure you have all the necessary kitchen equipment on hand:
- 9×13 Baking Dish: To assemble and bake your Ravioli Lasagna.
- Cooking Spray: For greasing the baking dish and aluminum foil.
- Aluminum Foil: To cover the lasagna while it bakes.
- Oven: Preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Cutting Board and Knife: For chopping fresh basil if you choose to garnish.
Now, let’s move on to the star of the show – the Ravioli Lasagna itself.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Variations: Get creative with your ingredients. You can add sautéed vegetables, ground meat, or different cheese varieties for a unique twist.
- Make-Ahead: You can assemble this lasagna a day ahead and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake. Just remember to adjust the baking time if you’re starting with a cold dish.
- Leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven for that fresh-from-the-oven taste.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1: Can I use fresh ravioli instead of frozen?
A1: Yes, you can use fresh ravioli if you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as fresh ravioli cooks faster than frozen.
Q2: Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
A2: Absolutely! Skip the meat-based marinara sauce and opt for a vegetarian marinara sauce. You can also add sautéed mushrooms or spinach for extra flavor.
Q3: What’s the best way to reheat leftovers?
A3: To reheat, place individual servings in the oven at 350 degrees F until heated through. This will help maintain the lasagna’s texture and flavor.
- 2 25-ounce jars of marinara pasta sauce
- 2 30-ounce packages of frozen cheese ravioli (spinach cheese ravioli works wonderfully)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (optional garnish)
Step 1: Preheat and Prepare
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Step 2: Layering Goodness
Begin by spreading half of a jar of marinara sauce evenly across the bottom of the prepared baking dish. This will create a flavorful base for your lasagna.
Now, add one package of frozen ravioli in an even layer over the sauce. No need to thaw or cook the ravioli beforehand; just place it in the pan frozen.
Top the ravioli with the rest of the half jar of marinara sauce.
Sprinkle 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over the sauce. The cheeses will melt beautifully and add that irresistible gooeyness.
Repeat the layering process: sauce, ravioli, sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
Step 3: Bake to Perfection
Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Then, cover the dish with the aluminum foil, sprayed side down. This will ensure your lasagna doesn't stick to the foil during baking.
Place the lasagna in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, uncover the dish and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is beautifully melted and the sauce is bubbly.
Carefully remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld together and make it easier to cut into perfect squares.
If desired, garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves for a pop of color and added freshness.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy!
Your Ravioli Lasagna is now ready to be enjoyed. Serve it warm with your favorite side dishes. We recommend garlic bread to complete the Italian experience.