Prepare your taste buds for a symphony of flavors and textures with this Cherry Cheesecake Lush dessert. This delightful treat combines the creamy richness of cheesecake with the fruity burst of cherries, all layered on a crunchy, nutty crust. Whether you’re planning a family gathering or simply indulging your sweet tooth, this dessert will surely be a crowd-pleaser. Let’s dive into the deliciousness!
- Crust Variations: If you’re not a fan of pecans or prefer a different crust, you can substitute them with graham cracker crumbs or your favorite cookie crumbs.
- Cherry Variations: While Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling is a classic choice, feel free to experiment with other fruit fillings like blueberry, raspberry, or apple.
- Storage: Store any leftover dessert in the refrigerator, covering it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh.
Q: Can I use instant cheesecake-flavored pudding mix instead of the boxed kind?
A: Yes, you can use instant cheesecake-flavored pudding mix. Simply follow the instructions on the package to prepare the pudding layer.
Q: Can I make this dessert ahead of time?
A: Absolutely! This dessert actually benefits from some time in the refrigerator, so making it a day in advance is a great idea.
Q: What’s the best way to serve this dessert?
A: Serve it chilled straight from the fridge for the perfect balance of creaminess and crunch
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
- For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz. whipped topping, divided
- For the Cheesecake Pudding Layer:
- 2 small boxes cheesecake flavored pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup whipped topping
- For the Cherry Topping:
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Step 1: Create the Crust
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, finely chopped pecans, and the melted butter. Stir until everything is well combined.
Press this mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake it at 350°F (175°C) for 15 minutes. Once done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
Step 2: Prepare the Cheesecake Layer
In a separate mixing bowl, blend together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 ½ cups of whipped topping. Mix until the texture is smooth and heavenly.
Spread this creamy cheesecake layer evenly over the cooled crust in the baking pan.
Step 3: Craft the Cheesecake Pudding Layer
Combine the cheesecake flavored pudding mix, milk, and 1 cup of whipped topping in a bowl. Mix until you achieve a silky smooth consistency.
Spread this decadent pudding layer evenly over the cream cheese layer in the pan.
Step 4: Crown with Cherries and Whipped Topping
Now, it's time for the cherry topping! Gently spread the entire can of Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling over the pudding layer.
For the final touch, dollop the remaining whipped topping on top of the cherries and sprinkle ½ cup of chopped pecans as a delightful garnish.
Step 5: Serve and Share
Slice and serve this Cherry Cheesecake Lush dessert to your eager guests, and watch their faces light up with joy.