Welcome back, fellow food enthusiasts and culinary explorers! Today, we’re diving into the delightful world of homemade snacks with a recipe that’s not only easy to make but also incredibly addictive. Say hello to our Cinnamon & Sugar Roasted Pecans – a sweet and crunchy treat that’s perfect for satisfying your snack cravings or impressing your guests with a unique party nibble.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just starting your culinary journey, this recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves the irresistible combination of cinnamon, sugar, and pecans.
Before we start, make sure you have the following ingredients on hand:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Now that we have all our ingredients and equipment ready, let’s dive into the step-by-step instructions:
Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking pan with a silpat, or grease with cooking spray.
Combine the egg white and water in a mixing bowl; beat with a whisk until frothy. Fold in the pecans to coat evenly.
Combine the sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon in a container with a lid and shake to mix. Pour over the pecans and stir to coat the pecans evenly. Spread the nuts over the prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, stirring every 15 minutes, for about 1 hour. Cool on the pan, and store in an airtight container.
Notes and Tips:
To keep your Cinnamon & Sugar Roasted Pecans fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They should stay delicious for up to two weeks. However, they are so tasty that they often disappear long before that!
- Feeling adventurous? Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the sugar-cinnamon mixture for a sweet and spicy kick.
- For a touch of elegance, drizzle melted dark chocolate over the cooled pecans and let them set for a delightful chocolatey twist.
Enjoy your Cinnamon & Sugar Roasted Pecans as a standalone snack or get creative with pairings:
- Serve them alongside a cheese platter for a delightful contrast of flavors.
- Sprinkle them over your morning yogurt or oatmeal for a crunchy and sweet topping.
- Pair them with a glass of red wine or a warm cup of chai tea for a cozy evening treat.