To make this easy and delicious Pina Colada Pie you’ll need:
One Unbaked Pie Crust
2/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
16 oz can crushed pineapple, with juice
2/3 cup water
1/4 tsp vanilla
Coconut Cream Filling
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp coconut extract
1 tbsp coconut rum
6 oz cool whip
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tbsp pineapple juice
1/4 tsp coconut extract
1. Bake pie crust in an 8 or 9 inch pie pan according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in pineapple, including juice (except reserve 2 tbsp juice for whipped cream), and water.
3. Cook over medium-high heat, stir constantly until mixture thickens and come to a boil, about 10 minutes.
4. Allow to boil for 1 1/2 minutes, then remove from heat.
5. Stir in vanilla extract and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sugar, coconut extract and coconut rum together in a medium sized bowl until smooth. Stir in whipped cream.
7. Pour filling into cooled pie crust and smooth into an even layer
8. Top cream cheese mixture with pineapple mixture. Spread into an even layer.
9. Refrigerate until firm.