Hearty Crockpot Cowboy Soup
Cook Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 45 minutes
My family likes chili, but they loved this soup. It’s a keeper.
This is an easy soup to make. I made it for the first time and took it to a potluck! Everyone loved it.
I didn’t have any to take home with me. It is spicy so if you don’t want as much heat, cut down on the spices and chiles.
Fall is the perfect time for a Crockpot full of Cowboy (hamburger vegetable) soup! Cowboy Soup will please even the pickiest eaters!
Whether or not you’re cooking for ranch hands (we’re guessing not), you can make this hearty soup with ingredients you likely have on hand.
Pick up store-bought cornbread for homemade-ish croutons in a snap.
2 Lbs Ground beef
4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
2 Cans Mixed vegetables Undrained
1 Can Sweet corn Undrained
1 Can Condensed tomato soup
1 Can diced tomatoes
1 Can Cut green beans Undrained
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1. Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
2. Brown and drain ground beef
3. Place beef and potatoes in a large slow cooker.
4. Add all cans of vegetables, can of tomato soup, and diced tomatoes.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Finally, add the secret ingredient that sets this apart from your average soup- sugar (thanks to my grandma Hazel)!!
Mix together well and cook on low for 2-3 hours in a slow cooker.
Of course, you can substitute fresh or frozen veggies but would need to add a can or two of beef stock to this. No need
To add this if using canned veggies, as you will be adding the cans undrained-which provides both liquid and flavor.